Enjoy fireworks with pets
While we celebrate New Year’s Eve extensively with fireworks, it can become a nerve-wracking strain for our four-legged friends. Panting, drooling, trembling… Many pets react insecurely and stressed to fireworks. With the following tips they will survive the fireworks without any damage:
- If possible, go for a walk with the dog in the late afternoon/early evening and keep the dog on a leash.
- Do not let outdoor cats out of the house in the evening.
- Pets should not be at home alone, it is best to stay close to them.
- Offer your pet a quiet and darkened area in the apartment.
- Close all windows, doors and, if possible, roller shutters.
- Let the radio or television work as a distraction.
- Excessive attention to the fear reaction should be avoided, but it is important to give the dog or cat security and peace of mind.